OUR NEW MAKERS DIRECTORY
BE DISCOVERED, LEARN & CONNECT
SOMETHING DIFFERENT LAUNCHING MAY 1ST
The next evolution of our online presence for makers is here. Meet the Maker Directory!
Our top question we receive after a market is, “where can I find makers in between markets?”
The Maker Directory was the answer to this question and so much more.
We wanted to give makers an affordable space to use our natural traffic of tens of thousands to not only be discovered but get the resources and connections they need to grow.
Each maker listing features a pop-up bio with information about your company, photos, videos, and links! Makers within our directory have access to many more perks including access to be featured on our social media, a subscription to the Makers Community, and early access to applications.
Let’s tell you everything that is included!
OUR NEW MAKER DIRECTORY
- Featured every month in our Directory starting on the 1st! (Apply by the 20th before the month!)
- Quick-view pop-up window featuring:
- A full bio up to 1000 characters
- Links to your social media & store
- Up to 5 photos and videos about your company
- Access to our Makers Community launching May 1st!
- Exclusive Private Facebook Makers Community Group
- Knowledge Base within the group
- Access to virtual events
- Discounted Courses
- Early access to Market Applications
APPLY BY THE 20TH FOR THE NEXT MONTH
BILLED MONTHLY ON THE 25TH
SAVE $180 A YEAR
What qualifies as a maker?
Makers are artists, writers, photographers, collectors, and designers, they are the creators and dreamers that are driven to create the next great brands of the future.
We accept applications from makers with:
- Vintage or antique collectibles
- High-quality craft and handmade items
- Up-cycled or restored salvage
- Up-and-coming brands
We do not accept makers with:
- Direct sales & multi-level marketing (Mary Kay, LulaRoe, It Works, LipSense, Scentsy, etc).
- Wholesale distributors (This is in contrast to a boutique)
- Products using licensed imagery and brands. (Products with other brand’s logos or insignias, movies, tv shows, universities, etc.) Fanart is acceptable, but a clear modification of various logos and characters is not normally accepted.
We are a family-friendly event and do not accept makers or products with:
- Products with hateful and divisive messages
- Drug paraphernalia/products and messaging that promote drugs
- Curative products like CBD oils or pain relievers
How are Makers evaluated and selected?
Our aim is to select Makers we feel have the most potential for brand growth and wish to get exposure at our markets to get to the next level.
Makers are judged on the following criteria:
- Products: Products are reviewed on quality and uniqueness. We review product packaging and branding, and look for an overall cohesive brand aesthetic. We prioritize handmade items.
- Online presence: Our team review’s a company’s website for ease of use, branding and e-commerce capabilities. We also review applicant’s social media accounts for: following, growth, and engagement (including Instagram and Facebook).
During the market our team is looking for the following qualities in Makers to be invited back:
- General good vibes and attitude
- Good communication
- Maker’s understanding and compliance with our policies
What if I am not accepted into the Directory?
While we wish we could accept every maker into our markets, what makes our Directory unique is that we are a juried community looking for a specific type of aesthetic and products that we know will resonate with our audience.
If you have not been accepted into our Directory, this could be for many reasons. One of which could be that you are in a very competitive category (like jewelry or boutiques, for example). As we grow, we receive more and more applications for each product category.
Another reason could be that we have seen a type of product not connect well with our audience in our previous live or online markets and we ultimately want to promote items on our website that our audience will want to support. You also may have a product that is not allowed in our markets like CBD, weapons, etc.
The last reason is that a Maker is lacking in one of the areas that we evaluate makers. We are looking for the following attributes in our makers.
- Products: Products are reviewed on quality and uniqueness. We review product packaging, branding, price point and look for an overall cohesive brand aesthetic and product line. We prioritize handmade items and companies that specialize in one product category, thus creating a strong brand.
- Online presence: Our team review’s a company’s website for ease of use, branding, and e-commerce capabilities. We also review an applicant’s social media accounts for: following, growth, and engagement (including Instagram and Facebook).
NOTE: We prefer our makers to have their own modern and mobile-friendly websites instead of having only an Etsy.
During participation in our Directory our team is looking for the following qualities in Makers:
- General good vibes and attitude
- Promotional efforts online
- Good communication
- Maker’s understanding and compliance of our policies
While we would like to encourage you to apply again to our Directory, we request you only apply if you have made sure your products and online presence is 100% based on the above points and also grow your following and business. If you have not been accepted after a second attempt, this could mean that it may not be the right fit and our team wishes you and your company continued success.
We encourage all of our makers to consider joining our Makers Community, set to relaunch May 1st! It is a great starting point for new businesses, or a great place for existing companies to connect with other makers, learn from one another and grow as a whole.
IMPORTANT: What are the logistics? Are fees refundable?
Makers will pay for their $15 application fee and processing fee and if they are accepted their monthly subscription will be activated on the 25th of the month. Annual Subscriptions are charged at checkout and must be made by the 20th to guarantee you will be considered by the next month.
The directory is updated on the 1st of every month. Please be sure to email 5-10 photos for consideration to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 20th.
Once accepted, we do not issue any refunds or credits.
When will I hear back?
You will be notified if you have been accepted to the Makers Directory at least 1 week prior to the market start date.
Is there an application fee?
Yes, there is a $15 non-refundable application fee that covers all administrative costs of processing the applications but does not guarantee acceptance into the market.