SPRING APPLICATIONS HAVE CLOSED
SUBSCRIBE TO BE NOTIFIED OF SUMMER MARKET APPLICATIONS
2023 BOOTH SIZES + PRICES
SPACES DO NOT INCLUDE TENTS, TABLES OR CHAIRS.
JUNGLE PLAZA – MIAMI DESIGN DISTRICT
11AM-6PM SATURDAY (FIRST HOUR FOR VIPS)
MARCH 25+26 • SPRING MARKET
FALL DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
10AM-5PM SAT (FIRST HOUR FOR VIPS)
MAY 6+7 • SPRING MARKET
JULY 22+23 • SUMMER MARKET
OCTOBER 21+22 • FALL MARKET
NOVEMBER 18+19 • HOLIDAY MARKET
10AM-5PM SAT (FIRST HOUR FOR VIPS)
MAY 20+21 • SPRING MARKET
NEW VENUE: JACKSONVILLE
10AM-5PM SATURDAY (FIRST HOUR FOR VIPS)
APRIL 22+23 • SPRING MARKET
FALL DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED
OUR LATEST FEEDBACK
THEN, NOW, ALWAYS
From Miami to Jacksonville to Chicago, after doing all 3 events, I can say Markets For Makers really is such a great opportunity for any small business that wants to take their business to the next level and have a profitable and sustainable series of markets that you’ll want to keep coming back to! Great job guys! We’ll see you at the next one.
THE BLUSH EDIT
Markets for Makers is the single best (and most fun) market I’ve ever had the pleasure of being a part of! The staff is so incredibly helpful, the venues are amazing, and the crowds of shoppers that attend these markets are some of the most friendly event-goers I’ve come across, and they are always eager to shop small! The Markets for Makers events give makers and small businesses a unique opportunity that they might not otherwise have to share and showcase their offering to a brand new audience, while broadening their following on social media and online at the same time! These events are so wonderful for so many different reasons, and I highly recommend applying or attending if you have the opportunity! You won’t regret it!
PHILOMENA + RUTH
Markets for Makers is one of those shows that makes you feel valued as a vendor. The communication before, during, and after the show are great! At the show you can tell that the customers are happy and eager to buy. I have met many repeat customers and even picked up a couple of wholesale customers! I’m happy to have such an amazing, consistent show so close to home! ❤️
Markets for Makers lives up to their namesake, this event clearly keeps the makers in mind. The Markets for Makers team works diligently to ensure this is truly an unforgettable event for both makers and patrons!
KATE WYATT FINE ART
Markets for Makers has allowed me to find my customer base as well as test AND SELL OUT of a new product offering. The best market out there.
ZELAKI LEATHER COMPANY
Becoming a vendor at Markets for Makers was one of the best things we could do for our business. Not only did we have a successful weekend in sales, but also in connecting with many people who wouldn’t have found our business otherwise. This motivates us to continue working hard in our craft and expands our online reach to which we will benefit for years to come.
HOMEBODY CANDLE CO.
Markets for Makers is clearly focused on making sure that their markets are profitable + enjoyable for the makers. I don’t have the words to express how much I love being able to participate in these shows — they’ve been a game changer for my business! I focus now on just applying to all the MFM shows instead of every show that comes along because I know the market is well organized, clean + communication is top notch. The other vendors and MFM staff are always so kind, nice to meet + get to spend the weekend with. Thank you so much for putting on this amazing show + I can’t thank you enough for letting me be a part of it!
Markets for Makers is truly the best of the best. The attention to detail is apparent in every aspect of their events, the staff is so helpful and the attendees truly love supporting small! I couldn’t say enough good things!
Market for Makers supports small business makers in an incredible way! Always attracting an amazing crowd of customers and bringing together a community of makers! Events are well organized, well attended and well staffed. The fun, creative, & inclusive culture of Market for Makers is contagious and results in a very positive vibe and experience for all! Everyone is totally winning!
Thank you Markets for Makers! Since I have been apart of your events, my wholesales business has doubled and I have been able to get real life feedback about my products and special rollouts. Y’all have exposed Hines Brines to thousands of people, I wouldn’t have been able to reach alone. Thank you!
OUR AUDIENCE & DEMOGRAPHICS
Average Tickets Sold
Total Past Attendees
Average Ad Reach Per Campaign:
Female / Male:
24-54 years old:
Annual household income of at least:
NEW 2023 FAQS & IMPORTANT INFO
2023 ACCEPTANCE SCHEDULE + FEES
- Applicants will create an account in our application system.
- Once a profile and photos are fully completed, makers may add applications to their cart and apply to markets.
- Applications are $50 per market you are applying to and are non-refundable.
- Your payment details for your booth will be stored in Authorize.net, our secure payment system. Your card information may be deleted to keep up with PCI compliance, so you may need to update it periodically.
- You will be charged for an application fee upfront, which are non-refundable, and notified via email if you have been accepted to each market you apply for.
- If you have been accepted to any market, we will notify you via email and you will have a 24 hour window to let us know if you can not make it. After that, booth fees and booth credit card processing fees (3.99% unless paying by eCheck) will be charged automatically on the card on file and are non-refundable.
- You will not be charged for a table/booth fee if you are not accepted into a market, applications are non refundable.
Applications will note which date acceptances will start.
REFUNDS AND CREDITS
Once a maker is accepted into a market, we do not issue any refunds or credits under any circumstances. This includes unforeseeable events including but not limited to pandemic outbreaks, new regulations prohibiting gatherings, Maker (or your staff) contracting COVID-19, government regulations, hurricanes or other weather related events.
In the case that you have to cancel or simply cannot attend please email email@example.com as soon as possible. Day-of cancellations and no-shows without any communication can affect future acceptances.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email’s address book so that you do not miss updates and acceptance! We send acceptances to the email address that you apply with, so be sure to check twice for typos! If you have not heard from our team within 2 weeks of applying or 4 weeks before a market, please email our team.
We respond one way or another to every single application.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE MARKET
Please see the following video on how to apply!
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO THE MARKET?
Makers will be provided a space and should bring tables, chairs and displays.
Makers are required to use white tents or umbrellas in the Jungle Plaza in Miami unless otherwise coordinated with written approval Markets for Makers at least two weeks out from a market.
A full checklist of what you can bring to a market can be found by CLICKING HERE. You can sign into Canva to create a custom copy for yourself. Please note, this is a general checklist so if we have a market indoors, you do not need to bring a tent, and you will want to modify this list for each specific market.
WHAT QUALIFIES AS A MAKER?
Makers are artists, writers, photographers, collectors, and designers, they are the creators and dreamers that are driven to create the next great brands of the future. At this time, we only accept makers into our markets who are based in the United States.
We accept applications from makers with:
- High-quality craft and handmade items
- Vintage or antique collectibles
- Up-cycled or restored salvage
- Up-and-coming brands
We do not accept makers with:
- Direct sales & multi-level marketing (Mary Kay, LulaRoe, It Works, LipSense, Scentsy, etc).
- Wholesale distributors —This is in contrast to a boutique.
- Products using licensed imagery and brands. (Products with other brand’s logos or insignias, movies, tv shows, universities, etc.) Fanart is acceptable, but a clear modification of various logos and characters is not normally accepted.
We are a family-friendly event and do not accept makers or products with:
- Hateful and divisive messages
- Drug paraphernalia/products and messaging that promote drugs
- Curative promises including CBD oils or pain relievers
We prioritize handmade jewelry! Jewelry is our most applied to category and we have to limit the amount of makers in that category to not over saturate our markets.
If you wish to showcase your handmade jewelry and increase your chances of being selected. Please send photos and videos behind the scenes of makers crafting your products in studio and showing our team their process to email@example.com
HOW ARE MAKERS EVALUATED AND SELECTED?
Our aim is to select Makers we feel have the most potential for brand growth and wish to get exposure at our markets to get to the next level.
Makers are judged on the following criteria:
- Application & Communication: With every application we ask for photos and booth photos, sometimes we have to remind makers to send those to us and often follow up without response. Before applying, we ask makers to add our email to their safe lists to ensure they get all of our communication. We also may ask questions without any response. We process hundreds of applications making it very time consuming to track down an incomplete application. Makers that do not promptly respond around deadlines, can impact their acceptance.
- Products: Products are reviewed on quality and uniqueness. We review product packaging and branding, and look for an overall cohesive brand aesthetic. We prioritize handmade items.
- Booth display: Please see our Pinterest board for what we are looking for. We expect each booth within the market to feel like its own experience with a beautiful presentation of the products not just for the market but giving us confidence makers are putting their best foot forward to have good sales. We also like to see shelving, displays and booths full of products vs. an empty table with a few products on the table.
- Online presence: Our team reviews a company’s website for ease of use, branding and e-commerce capabilities. We also review applicant’s social media accounts for: following, growth, frequent postings and engagement. It is very important for us to see makers posting and engaging so we can see a maker trying to grow and engaging with customers outside of markets.
When looking through hundreds of applications, a makers active social media, products and booth presentation have a large impact when we are selecting makers.
While we prepare for a market and host a market our team is looking for the following qualities in Makers to be invited back:
- General good vibes and attitude
- Kindness with our team
- Promotional efforts online
- Good communication
- Maker’s understanding and compliance of our policies
Please note: We have a capped amount of makers per category to ensure the market maintains a standard of high-quality and variety.
Participation in past markets does not guarantee a spot for future markets as we do rotate makers. This is to ensure the market stays fresh for makers and attendees alike.
WHAT IF I'M NOT ACCEPTED INTO THE MARKET?
While we wish we could accept every maker into our markets, what makes our markets unique is that we are a juried market that will rotate makers as often as possible and we are looking for a specific type of aesthetic and products that we know sell well in our markets.
If you have not been accepted into our market, this could be for many reasons. One of which could be that you are in a very competitive category with limited spaces. As we grow, we receive more and more applications for each category, especially jewelry.
Another reason could be that we have seen a type of product not sell well in our markets and we ultimately want you to be successful and know there will be other markets that are a better fit. You also may have a product that is not allowed in our markets like CBD, weapons, etc. Products using licensed imagery and brands. (Products with other brand’s logos or insignias, movies, tv shows, universities, etc.) Fan art is acceptable, but a clear modification of various logos and characters is not normally accepted.
The last reason is that a Maker is lacking in one of the areas that we evaluate makers. Please see “How are makers evaluated and selected?”
If you have been in one of our past markets please note that our team rotates makers and has been reducing the amount of makers in each category so that each maker in the market has the best chance of good sales. We also work to rotate in new makers and past acceptance does not guarantee future acceptance. Please note the above selection criteria as well.
If you have never been accepted to our markets: While we would like to encourage you to apply again to our markets, we request that you only apply if you have made changes to your products or your online presence to align with our above description, and also grow your following and business. If you have made changes and have not been accepted after a second attempt, this could mean that it may not be the right fit, and our team wishes you and your company continued success but we do not encourage you to continue to apply.
WHAT ARE THE LOGISTICS?
Each market has its own set of logistics. You will be sent a full folder of information and social media posts at least two weeks before a market and after you have paid for your booth. Space assignments are released by the Thursday before the market.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Before applying, makers must read through, understand and sign their application to show they agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Your signature on our application acknowledging these terms are required for participation so please help us by being on the same page with our straightforward policies!
WE ♥ MARKETS
MANY PHOTOS TAKEN BEFORE COVID, AS WE RETURN TO MARKETS WE WILL UPDATE OUR MEDIA ♥